HEALTHeWeather, Inc., a platform-as-a-service (PAAS) software start-up delivering personalized weather insights for better patient health, is seeking a software development intern. We are looking for a college-level intern to support web development for a couple of web properties that are instrumental to market traction and growth for our solution, DailyBreath.
As an area for learning and growth, we also would like someone who wants to take on the challenge of developing for an Alexa skill for an innovative and emerging solution for allergy and asthma sufferers. Learn to develop for this unique platform and add value that will accelerate our solutions’ growth in the market.
This development activity is key to our strategy for becoming a market leader around environmental factors as a determinant of personalized health, in the first instance, for allergy, asthma, and COPD.
- Support the CEO and VP of Marketing in the development of our traction strategy for web properties and the Alexa skill.
- Work with our mobile app development firm for DailyBreath in leveraging existing code to develop web properties to facilitate market traction.
- Develop an Alexa skill to disseminate DailyBreath Risk Index to allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Design and develop the websites including coordination of content, advertising, and core functionality.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of the website, social media analytics.
- Develop and implement applets, widgets, etc. for dissemination to drive traffic to complementary web sites
- Must be open-minded, creative, and empathetic
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent web design and development skills
- Willingness to learn and develop Alexa Skill.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Environmental Health, Respiratory Health
- Strong interest in technology, esp. mobile health, big data, machine learning, wearable sensors
- Basic knowledge of web tools, esp. WordPress preferred
Please contact Eric Klos, CEO, HEALTHeWeather, at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly via phone at 703-403-9618. This is a great opportunity to grow and learn with an innovative startup in an emerging industry.